Volunteer for us
You can help us spread vital, lifesaving awareness in your community. We need volunteers with initiative to help us with a range of activities including:
- Raising awareness at events, with health professionals and in schools
- Participating in Meningitis Now campaigns such as our Young People Awareness campaign
- Helping out at fundraising events
- Picking up collection tins or collecting cheques on our behalf
- Sourcing and giving awareness talks
- Helping with event promotion or day-to-day administration, for those local to our Head Office in Stroud
We contact registered volunteers about opportunities in their local area and offer individual support to help you get started. Acting on our behalf, you would play a vital role in helping us in the fight against meningitis.
To find out more about becoming a volunteer contact the Volunteer team on 01453 768 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If fundraising is something you’re interested in then we have community fundraisers who can help you fundraise in your area. They can provide you with great fundraising tips and advice on how to make the most of your activity or event, get you the materials you need and provide you with professional, flexible and efficient support. They can also arrange awareness talks, including a ‘question and answer’ session at your school, college or university.
Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Take part in an overseas fundraising challenge
- Bake some cakes and have a cake sale
- Run a charity summer ball
- Take part in a marathon or trek
- Put on a theatre production
- Do a collection at your school concert
There are many more ideas on our other pages, or you can speak to a member of our Fundraising team.