Helping children who have had meningitis to achieve their educational potential can be a huge challenge for parents and guardians of school age children.
Learning and behavioural problems can happen after meningitis and they are often associated with an acquired brain injury (ABI) - an injury to the brain after birth.
Our recent coronavirus impact survey and ongoing support work has highlighted some significant concerns for families affected by meningitis, including:
- accessing the right educational support
- accessing Special Educational Needs (SEN) provision
- returning to school after a long period of home-schooling and lockdown restrictions
- managing the impact of learning difficulties on wider family members
This online session is for parents and guardians of school-age children who have had meningitis, and will be facilitated by Support Services Manager Cheryl Brown and Community Support Officer Lucie Riches.
Our Keep Connected - Meningitis and Education session will focus on:
- increasing awareness and understanding of ABI caused by meningitis
- opportunities for support
- what's changed since COVID-19
- celebrating and sharing your and your child's recent successes
Register your interest
Keep Connected Online Support Event