Event date: Thursday 3 May – Sunday 6 May 2018
The Lake District challenge is a total of around 31 km (20 miles) of walking split over two days.
Taking on this challenge will see you summit Skiddaw, Helvellyn, Hellvellyn Lower Man, Scafell, Symonds Knott, Scafell Pike, Broad Crag and Ill Crag.
“An absolutely stunning route with some of the most amazing views I have ever seen.”
Kirsty Owen-Hayward, Event Organiser
Whilst this challenge is not designed with specialist trekkers in mind and participants will vary in fitness levels, it is a real physical challenge and will require energy, commitment, a positive attitude and dedication to training. Suitable for people to take part individually or in a group, it is the perfect opportunity to get your friends, family or colleagues involved.
Introductory special offer £49 (usually £75)
Fundraising target: £500
- By joining Team Meningitis Now, you will receive all of the following:
- The support of a qualified mountain leader and experienced safety team
- Accommodation with breakfast, packed lunches & evening meals
- Transport during the challenge
- Invitation to one of our training days in the lead up to the challenge
- Fundraising support & materials
- Facebook page for you and your team mates
- Training, dietary & equipment tips
- 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor
For more information and to receive an information pack please register your interest. Alternatively please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01453 769028 if you would like to find out more.
Rachael Stone took part in the challenge in October 2016; this is what she had to say:
It was superb! A completely fabulous adventure full of fabulous people, and all for a wonderful cause. The organisers and safety team are second to none. It was a tiresome two days hiking but I am already looking for where I can sign up for next year. An all-round hoot! Thank you for everything, was one of the best weekends!