Despite the conditions the 53 cyclists in Team Tangerine did really well and stayed positive. Along the way they raised a brilliant £30,000 towards our ongoing work fighting meningitis, with that figure expected to rise as the final sponsorship monies come in.
Event manager Kirsty Owen-Hayward said, “This year was not an easy one and it really makes us at Head Office realise the lengths people will go to to support our charity."Humbling experience
“Having the opportunity to meet our supporters and their families on the day is the best part of the job and a truly humbling experience."
“More than ever our cyclists appreciated the opportunity to have a shower and a massage at the end. One rider even commented that it was the best massage he had ever had and if we can promise to do that again next year he would sign up!"Good news – back next year
“Well, the good news is that we are doing it all over again next year – hopefully minus the rain – with just a £25 sign-up cost and a pledge to raise £500."
“And I can confirm that our popular post-race reception will definitely be back too.”
Next year’s event takes place on Sunday 4 August - sign up and guarantee your place today.
Being a part of our team means you will receive:
- Your own personalised technical cycling jersey, worth £25
- A huge welcome at our post-race reception; drinks, snacks, a shower and sports massage all await you near the finish line (friends and family are also welcome)
- Training plans, fundraising tips, advice, merchandise and support from the Meningitis Now Events team - not to mention Meningitis Now supporters cheering for you along the route
- Access to a private team Facebook group, providing support amongst team members
- A dedicated member of staff to help you every step of the way
The 2019 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 is open to individuals and teams, so get in touch today if you think this is the challenge for you next year.
And, if you needed further persuasion, then this is what Imogen, one of our cyclists this year told us: “I just wanted to say thank you to you and the rest of the team for the lovely welcome at the reception. I don’t think I’ve ever had a better shower! It was a pleasure riding for your charity.”