Your picture can be of any memory in lockdown. And you can create it in any way that you like – draw it, paint it, craft it, collage it, stitch it – get creative and go for it!
The prizes have been donated by Irwin Mitchell, an award-winning legal firm and long-standing supporter of Meningitis Now:
- 1st prize - a framed England rugby shirt signed by the 2020 6 Nations squad, a t-shirt with the winning drawing and a hamper of arts and crafts
- 2nd prize - £25 Amazon voucher
- 3rd prize - £15 Amazon voucher
We’re asking families to make an optional donation of whatever you can afford via JustGiving when you enter. The money raised will go directly to Meningitis Now and help continue our vital work to save lives and rebuild futures.
- £5 could pay for awareness materials for a nursery, helping staff and parents protect their children
- £15 could pay for an hour of vital online support so that nobody has to face life after meningitis alone
- £30 could pay for an hour of scientific research that could help to end the pain of meningitis forever
It couldn’t be easier to enter. Take a photo of the picture and ask a parent or guardian to email it to email@example.com by Wednesday 19 August 2020. Please include your age, description about the picture and your family’s address and telephone number (so we can contact the winner). You can share your designs on social media too using the hashtag #LockdownMemories.
Any child or young person aged 18 and under in the UK can take part – you don’t have to have a meningitis experience. Our judging panel, including Irwin Mitchell’s Ania Bean and Meningitis Now celebrity ambassador Seema Jaswal, will choose their favourite. You can download the full Ts&Cs here.
Ania says, "We have supported Meningitis Now over many years and know how important their work is for families affected by meningitis. We are delighted to be supporting their work in this way."