According to news reports, Evie passed away at Manchester Children’s Hospital after falling ill with meningococcal meningitis group B. She had only been diagnosed 24 hours earlier.
Mum Courtney has spoken out to warn other parents of the dangers of meningitis. She told the Manchester Evening News that her daughter had first fallen ill a couple of weeks ago, including being sick and having a fever. She was taken to hospital when she started having seizures. Little Evie was put into an induced coma and on to a ventilator, but sadly nothing could save her.
Everyone at Meningitis Now would like to offer our condolences to Evie’s family and everyone else who knew and loved her. We are here for anyone who would like any help or information at this difficult time or at any time in the future when they may need it.