So far this year you have helped us by:
- Giving 248 hours to assist our teams in our head office
- Holding a successful bucket collection on the first day of Cheltenham Gold cup raising an amazing £1245.00
- Attending cheque presentations on our behalf
- Attending Farnborough College to raise awareness amongst students and staff
- Raising funds by placing and collecting tins
- Taking our awareness literature to schools and healthcare organisations
- Attending awareness talks
- Being interviewed by local media
In light of the recent petition started by Lee Booth many of our Ambassadors and volunteers have been invaluable in helping us to raise awareness by taking part in media interviews, totally over 48 hours! We know that for many it can be very difficult to talk about their own experience so we want to say a heartfelt thank you.
Scotland Volunteer Committee
Our first volunteer meeting was held on 12 March. Some new potential volunteers also came along.
With the support of our Community Ambassadors and Young Ambassadors the meeting was very successful. We believe everyone came away feeling motivated and very positive about raising the profile within Scotland for Meningitis Now.
The meeting enabled us to give our volunteers face-to-face updates on the charity, and all were able to throw ideas and suggestions around.
Suggestions on how volunteers can get involved, and areas in which we need support were discussed – awareness talk, peer support, family day, event support, fundraising and so on.
We plan to hold these groups every 2-3 months, and we are hoping to set up pockets of volunteers in various areas of Scotland as it is a very large area to cover.
All in all it felt very good and the enthusiasm within the room was encouraging.
We also have lots of events coming up. Please get in touch to find out what’s happening in Scotland.