Over the year, our volunteers gave an incredible 3,647 hours to raising awareness, attending events, helping out in Head Office, and everything in-between.
This is almost 10 hours every single day of 2015!
Our volunteers tirelessly backed both our vision and our campaigns, and we are constantly overwhelmed and humbled by the willingness of every single one of you.
It would be impossible to list everything that our volunteers helped to achieve in 2015, but here are some of our highlights:
- 2015 was the first year of our Student Awareness Campaign, which simply would not have happened without the support of our volunteers. 76 of you got involved, raising awareness at 84 different universities and giving over 500 hours of your time!
- 44 volunteers helped out at the 2015 London Marathon, by cheering on team Meningitis Now, helping out at the post-race reception, and transporting runners from the finish line to the reception. A fantastic 362 hours were volunteered on the day!
- Our Head Office volunteers gave over 950 hours processing orders, helping with admin, counting money, and supporting staff members!
- Our annual Five Valleys Walk is only possible with the help of our volunteers. In 2015, 52 volunteers helped on checkpoints and in the Head Office, giving an amazing 376 hours on the day!
- 15 volunteers helped at our Cardiff Street Collection, raising a whopping £533!
This really was an action-packed year, and we are hoping that as we move into our 30th anniversary year, 2016 will be even better. We already have lots of events for you to get your teeth stuck into, so keep checking our Volunteering opportunities board and we can’t wait to see you wearing your orange with pride in 2016!