Student Awareness Campaign 2018 - can you help?
Get in touch now! We want to make it to 100 universities to spread awareness with the 2018 Student Campaign. You have adopted nearly 50 universities so far, but there's still a long way to go.
Sign up now to spread the key awareness messages at your local uni and we will send you out a sample pack, campaign information and a detailed briefing.
Email us at email@example.com or give us a ring on 01453 769 033.Volunteer Round-up
Here's just a taste of what you've been up to!
- Anne Cadden spent two days raising awareness at Chamboree, an international Scout Camp for Scouts and Guides aged 10-and-a-half to 18 from all over the world. Anne says, "We got them involved by laying 9 symptoms cards on the table (we kept changing them), giving them a signs and symptoms card and asking them which symptom was missing. They were engaged and shouting out the answer and earning sweets and stickers! They took away the signs and symptoms card to tell their friends, parents and leaders, so hopefully they now know about the disease. It went much better than we anticipated". Well done and thank you Anne, for doing something new and different and making such a success of it.
- Kiera Wheeler-Clayton went along to receive a cheque on our behalf, from the Gloucestershire Charity Skittles League. This was her first experience of speaking and she was faced with an audience of over 100. Despite her nerves, she got on with it and looked like a pro! Not only did she have to give a 'thank you' to the group, but she also presented prizes. Thank you Kiera.
- Ann Foster in Buckingham, East Yorkshire, and Julie Hughes in Gloucestershire have been out and about picking up collection tins and paying in the proceeds. Thank you.
- Thank you for all your contributions as well as everything you have been doing that we haven't heard about. If you have news and stories to share, send them in or post them on the Volunteers & Ambassadors Facebook page.
We had a fun and informative day with our volunteer Community and Young Ambassadors in Stroud on 8 August, meeting to hear about developments at Meningitis Now from staff and to build skills and team-working.Welcome
Welcome to our new volunteers Jack Roscoe, Louise Wing and Connor Davidson.Keeping in touch
Remember, you can share your volunteering pictures, stories and ideas and virtually meet other Ambassadors and volunteers on our Facebook group. Let us know what you have been doing and send in your hours, pictures and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.Current opportunities
- The Simplyhealth Great North Run - We are looking for volunteers to cheer on our runners at this year's Great North Run, which takes place in Newcastle on Sunday 9 September. From the very beginning, this event has been a celebration of what makes the North-East great; thousands of supporters lining the course, hundreds of volunteers like you helping the dedicated and determined runners along the way. Can you make it a date this year?
- Brockworth Patient Participant Group (PPG) Health Event - On Thursday 13 September, the Brockworth PPG is running a Health Event at Brockworth Community Centre in Gloucestershire, where we are looking for volunteers to run an awareness-raising stand.
- Meningitis Now's Five Valleys Walk - We are looking for volunteers to register walkers and run checkpoints along this beautiful route, morning, afternoon or all day on Sunday 30 September. Click the link above to find out more about our flagship event.
- Teenage Carriage Study - see April's Volunteering News for more info. The study is running over 18 months from April 2018 and we are still keen to hear from more volunteers who would be interested in helping to promote the campaign in schools.
- Student Awareness Campaign 2018 - A UK-wide opportunity. We want to spread the message here, there and everywhere. Below is an initial list of areas where we would like to have a presence. If you would like to help in any of these areas, or anywhere in the UK, please let us know.
Bath - Birmingham - Brighton - Bristol - Cardiff - Edinburgh - Exeter - Gloucestershire - Kent - Leeds - Leicester - Liverpool - Manchester - Nottingham - Newcastle - Oxford - Reading - Southampton - Warwick
Email us at email@example.com for more information or if you can help.