Yet again our fantastic team of volunteers have been a huge help throughout April. You will see below the variety of roles that volunteers get involved in.
We would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to:
- The Jones family who supported our runners taking part in Brighton Marathon
- Anne, Aiden and David who attended a Unison Conference in Liverpool. It was a long day, but they did an amazing job of representing Meningitis Now and helping to raise awareness
- Alison, Nicola and Jenny who are picking up full collection tins for us
- Lynette and Johari for attending a cheque presentation on our behalf
- Carole for helping with Toddle Waddle research
- All our community volunteers who are placing collection tins within their area and to those who are raising awareness with local schools and GP surgeries
- Our head office volunteers who give so many hours a week helping our different teams
Lastly a big THANK YOU to all our volunteers who helped to support one of our biggest events of the year - the London Marathon.
They helped us by making a lot of noise along the route encouraging our runners; they greeted them at the end of the race and then looked after them at the post-race reception. Their help ensured the day ran smoothly and we are so grateful.
What’s coming up in May
- West Midlands/Warwickshire - we have two bucket collections with Tesco on the 9 May in Coventry and the 30 May in Bedfordshire
- Lancashire - several volunteer opportunities to help at Morecombe Bay Walk on the 30 May, from helping on the day to promoting the event beforehand
- London - cheering our runners at Bupa 10K
- Reading - we have a store collection at Asda in Tilesworth on the 8, 9 and 10 May
Supporting local events is not the only way our volunteers get involved. We have recently put together a list of roles that volunteers can do NOW!
- Adopt a Collection Tin - identify three locations where you can place a collection tin on behalf of the charity or take a cardboard collection box into work and place it on your desk.
- School Awareness - identify five schools, nurseries or libraries where you can give out our literature packs
- Health Awareness - identify five GP surgeries, hospitals, or pharmacies where you can give out our literature packs
- Hold a Time 4 Tea event – order your pack here today and host a right royal tea party with your friends and family
- Contact your local playgroup, nursery or primary school and encourage them to hold a Toddle Waddle – a sponsored walk for toddlers and young children
- Contact your local Asda or Waitrose and apply to be part of the Token Scheme and/ or Community Matters Scheme (Charity of the Year)
- Get a group of your family and friends together and ask your local supermarket if you can do a collection at their store
- Organise a street collection with a group of friends and family – contact us on how to get a permit to do this
- Suggest to your local church that Meningitis Now becomes a beneficiary of any church collections taking place
- Collect as many coins as you can and make a penny mile in your garden or playground
- Take a look at our fundraising pack and hold your own event
Be a Micro Volunteer
- share or like our Facebook posts - facebook.com/MeningitisNow
- Tag Meningitis Now on your photos on Facebook
- Send a tweet or retweet on Twitter - @MeningitisNow
- Like our photos on Instagram or post your own photos - instagram.com/meningitis_now
If you wish to take on any of the suggested roles or if would you like to know how else you can get involved, or if you have your own ideas on how you can support us in your community then let us know.