Volunteering opportunities board
Welcome to our Opportunities Board - you can get involved in your local area with our one-off events, and you’ll find details of our regular roles at the bottom of this page
You can also keep updated by joining our Volunteers Facebook group. If you’d like to get involved with any of the opportunities email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Knowle Family Fun Run on Sunday 21st May – A fantastic family day out with races throughout the day. Could you run an awareness stand for us for a few hours? Or help out as a race marshal?
- Can you give a talk to a Woman’s Group in Frampton Cotterell about meningitis awareness? We’re looking for someone for the last Wednesday in September or October at 7.30pm
- Farnborough college of Technology want someone to run a stand at their Health and Awareness day on 26th April. Can you join another volunteer there?
- If you’re London based, can you give a talk at Notting Hill & Ealing school in an assembly? We can give you our official short talk and it takes about 20 minutes.
- We have digital posters and symptoms cards to get out to schools across the UK. Can you contact your local secondary schools and sixth forms and see if they will put the digital symptoms cards in their school newsletters?
- Short talk at King Edward VI Grammar School in Stratford-On-Avon early next year. We are looking for several volunteers to speak at the school assemblies over a period of a few months. The school has chosen Meningitis Now as it’s charity of the year for two years and we want speakers to tell their own meningitis experience and how Meningitis Now has supported them. If you live nearby and would be happy to talk to 900 students for 20 minutes please let us know.
Will you host a collection tin?
We recently picked up a collection tin from a local builder's merchant which had £90 in. These collection tins all add up and are the easiest way to fundraise. Please will you order two collection tins to put in local businesses? It is a huge help to us - bringing in extra money to help fund our support and research.
Please email our Volunteering team to place your order.
Become a Community Volunteer
“I am a passionate believer in what Meningitis Now is doing and about helping to spread awareness of this disease. Sometimes it can be very difficult and very emotional too, but it’s worth it. The respect that goes with volunteering helps make life feel positive.” Damion - Community Volunteer
“I volunteer in many ways; distributing literature, attending awareness fairs, promoting and assisting with Toddle Waddle events, London Marathon and more. Volunteering is my therapy. I gain so much from it and I always try to be there when I am needed.” Mary - Community Ambassador
Download our Community Volunteer role description to find out more about how you can volunteer for us.
If you’ve seen a volunteer role you like, we’d love to hear from you. Email our volunteer team.
On behalf of everyone who relies on our work, thank you for getting involved.