- Job Title: Community Fundraiser South West/East & Events Fundraiser
- Salary: £18,000 - £23,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Hours: 35 hours per week (part time (28) hours may be considered)
- Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire
To be the South West & East representative of Meningitis Now, responsible for developing and supporting fundraising activities within your area by
- Identifying, recruiting and developing participants for community fundraising events
- Providing guidance and advice to support fundraising activities
- Building relationships with supporters, community groups and organisations
- Promoting and marketing community fundraising events
- Effective supporter care and development
To work as part of a small events fundraising team to recruit participants for the Meningitis Now fundraising events programme and ensure that they meet, and hopefully exceed, their income targets.
The events programme currently consists of:
- Virgin Money London Marathon
- Simply Health Great North Run
- Prudential RideLondon
- London Landmarks Half Marathon
- Three Peaks Challenge
Although there is an element of event organisation required for these events, the majority of this is undertaken by professional events companies. This role is primarily a marketing, fundraising and supporter care role.
In return, the successful candidate will receive 30 days annual leave entitlement per annum (pro rata) plus bank holidays, a cash health care plan, employer matched pension contribution (up to 5%), death in service benefit and long-term service rewards.
For an informal chat please contact Leah Wynn, Community Fundraising Manager or Kirsty Owen-Hayward, Events Manager on 01453 768000.
If you think you have the skills to fulfil this exciting role in the UK’s leading meningitis charity and would like more information, please see the full job description.
To apply please complete our online application form below.
*We are unable to accept CV’s*
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 23 September.
Interviews: Wednesday 16 October and Thursday 17 October.
Meningitis Now is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process. The successful candidate will be required to complete regular safeguarding training and undertake a DBS check appropriate to the role.
Meningitis Now Job Application Form