Why are we called Meningitis Now?
As Meningitis Now, we put meningitis at the heart of everything we do. We are bold and brave, driving towards our vision with passion, energy, commitment and determination. The people we help every day and the people who support us in return – people like you – are our inspiration and will continue to shape our work in the future.
Our name reflects:
- Our clear focus on meningitis – bacterial and viral
- The need for action NOW on development and introduction of new vaccines, taking action if meningitis is suspected and providing support.
- The need to use our voice to address whatever the issues are NOW – issues that will change over time.
- That we will be here NOW - whether we are talking today or in the future – for as long as meningitis and its impact remain an issue
Why we exist?
- Provide a powerful, united voice for individuals, families, communities, experts and professionals who know just how devastating meningitis (and septicaemia) can be.
- Save lives by funding research into vaccines and prevention.
- Reduce the impact of the disease by raising awareness, empowering people with the knowledge and information they need to get urgent medical attention if they suspect meningitis.
- Rebuild futures by providing dedicated support to people living with the impact of meningitis.
- Raise the funds we need to deliver our vision, inspired by the individuals and families at the heart of our organisation