This statement is made in the light of the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, the EU Directive on data protection in 2015 and good practice for charities as recommended in the Etherington Review.
It is intended to alert users of our website to Meningitis Now’s data processing practices, which will govern how we process, store and use your data.
If you have any queries about this statement, please contact the Data Controller, Meningitis Now, Fern House, Bath Road, Stroud. Gloucestershire.GL5 3TJ or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect information?
We will obtain personal information from you when you make a donation, enquire about our activities, register with us, purchase items from us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect include names, addresses, telephone numbers (landline and mobile), email addresses, dates of birth and, if you make a donation, credit/debit card and/or bank account details.
If you Gift Aid your donations, we will require your full postal address in order for HMRC to verify our claim.
How do we use this information?
We use your information:
- in relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, telephone email, text, social media, on the website or by any other means
- for administrative reasons related to donations you have made or the activity or online content you have signed up for
- for internal record keeping
- to fulfil sales contracts you have entered into
- to contact you about any information or case content you provide
- to invite you to participate in surveys or research about us or our work (participation is always voluntary)
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this
- to provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive
- to personalise our communications with you
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries
- to analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes
Will we disclose the information the information we collect to third parties?
We may share your information with our service providers, associated organisations and agents to send you communications, process your donations and otherwise manage your relationship with us.
We will not share your information with any other organisations for marketing, promotional or commercial purposes.
Please note that we may be obliged to disclose your information if we are required to by law.
Yes, along with the majority of other websites you visit and use regularly. Cookies are small text files on your device, made by your web browser when you visit a website. Every time you return to that website, your browser will send the cookie file back to the website's server.
Cookies are intended to improve your experience of using a website, for example, by remembering your preference settings and by monitoring how the site is used to help us ensure it meets your needs. Find out more information about the cookies we use here . To find out more about cookies in general, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How do we protect personal information?
We use a secure server when you make a donation via our website.
We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information you give us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and is kept only as long as necessary to help us achieve our charitable objectives.
By providing us with your personal data, you consent to its collection and use in accordance with the above purposes and the terms of this privacy statement.
You can unsubscribe from our e-mails at any time and change your postal, telephone, SMS and email preferences whenever you wish by contacting the Data Controller, Meningitis Now, Fern House, Bath Road, Stroud. Gloucestershire.GL5 3TJ, calling 01453 768000 or emailing email@example.com
How can I find out what information you hold about me?
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will charge a £10 administration fee for each request.
How can I update the information you hold about me?
If your personal details or contact preferences change, please notify us as above. This will help us to keep in touch with you and continue to provide you with a good service.
Offensive or inappropriate content placed on Meningitis Now’s website
If you post offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content on our website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your personal information to stop you continuing to do this.
Where we reasonably believe that as a UK resident you are or may be in breach of UK law because content you have posted may be defamatory, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or the police.