Meningitis Now has a children protection policy and procedures to which all staff and volunteers are expected to work. This includes the following steps:
- All staff undergo Disclosure and Barring Service checks (or equivalent in Scotland and Northern Ireland) and references are taken to ensure staff suitability
- Staff and volunteers are supervised and supported in their work
- Staff and volunteers receive awareness and/or training in children protection at a level appropriate for their role
- All staff, volunteers , children and parents are able to raise concerns about poor or dangerous practice
- Where events are arranged, Meningitis Now carries out a thorough risk assessment of the venue and activities
If you are concerned about a child or young person at one of our events, or the conduct of any of our staff or volunteers, please talk to a member of staff as soon as possible. At events, our staff and volunteers usually wear orange Meningitis Now T-shirts or hoodies. All Meningitis Now staff will also be wearing a Meningitis Now name badge.
If we are concerned that a child or young person may be at risk, we have a duty to share our concerns with the appropriate person or agency. Where possible, we will discuss our concerns with parents/carers first. However, there may be some circumstances that do not allow us to do this and in these cases, we will pass on concerns immediately to the relevant agency.
If you have any questions about our safeguarding statement please contact us by email: email@example.com or call 01453 768000.
Information for Young People
- Being kind to other children and young people
- We are committed to your safety. We take many steps to ensure the activities and support we provide for you are helpful and safe. However, we also need your help.
- Telling a responsible adult if another adult or young person is doing something which makes you unhappy or hurts you.
- Being aware of how to keep yourself safe, especially on the internet.
- Letting us know if there is something you are not happy about during one of our events. You can do this by speaking to one of our staff. At events, our staff and volunteers usually wear orange Meningitis Now T-shirts or hoodies. All Meningitis Now staff will also be wearing a Meningitis Now name badge.
- Letting us know if there is something you are not happy about on our website: Fight For Now. Tel: 01453 768000 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information to keep you safe
Childline: help, support and advice about a wide range of issues https://www.childline.org.uk or telephone 0800 1111
Keeping safe online: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk.