Held at family-friendly venues across the UK, these days out are free for families who have a personal experience of meningitis and have children up to 16 years of age.
Whether you spend the day at the zoo, a castle, a museum or a wildlife park, Family Days give children the chance to be children. And give parents the chance to meet other families who understand how tough life after meningitis can be.
Sign up for a Family Day near you
Family Days are free to attend and include:
- Entrance to the venue and activities included within the Meningitis Now Family Day programme
- Refreshments throughout the day, including a buffet lunch
- Access to Meningitis Now staff and often representatives from other relevant charities
Unfortunately, we can’t help with:
- Travel cost of getting to and from the venue
- Personal expenditure spent within the venue e.g. on-site shop
- Any other personal costs
What we ask of you
Our Family Days are generously funded by public donations from individuals, organisations and Charitable Trusts. Without this funding we would not be able to hold support events for families.
When you register for a Family Day, please ensure you are committed to attend so that all available funded places are filled. Please let us know as soon as possible if you can’t attend, so we can offer your place to another family.