That’s what coaching with Believe & Achieve is too; instead of sports we’re talking about support to help you in education, work or life. If you have a goal that you want to achieve over a short space of time, then you can benefit from having a coach to motivate and help you to consider the different ways to achieve it.
For example, you may have been applying for jobs but don’t seem able to get the ones you want. A coach can help you work through what might be stopping you from getting that job. Together you can understand how to get over the barriers between you and what you want.
Or maybe you need to do a presentation at school, university or work, but have low self-confidence and struggle to speak in public. A coach can help you to see the positives of what you’ve done and realise your achievements.
BUT coaching isn’t the same as mentoring or counselling.
Counselling – a counsellor supports you to reflect on the past and consider the impact of it. Through talking through your experiences, they can help you emotionally. You can have 10 sessions with a counsellor with Believe & Achieve.
Mentoring – a mentor supports, advises and motivates you by sharing their wisdom, experiences and resource. Once a fortnight for 6 months you can have a mentoring session with Believe & Achieve.
Coaching – a coach will empower you to decide what you want to do and work out how you can get there. You can have a weekly coaching session for 6 weeks with Believe & Achieve
Different types of coaching
- Personal or life coaching – Help to make significant changes in your life. Coaches help you to explore what you want and how you might achieve it.
- Performance coaching – Working with you to improve what you’re doing in school/college/university or work, providing support to increase your effectiveness.
- Skills coaching – Identifying the skills you might need to do a job or a course and working with you to develop these.
- Career coaching – Helping you to understand how you want your career to progress, and helping you develop what you need to get there.
- Coaching sessions can be face-to-face, via phone or email; it all depends on your preference.
- Sessions will last approximately 50 minutes, every week, for about six weeks.
- It’s free.
- We’ll ask you to fill out a form before and after the coaching.
- The coach will be trained and we will have checked their references.
- You will have a short chat with them on the phone before you confirm if you’re happy to attend sessions.
Want to know more? Get in touch with the B&A team.