Whatever your experience of meningitis, a CSO can offer a range of support for as long as it’s needed, including:
- Providing emotional support to help you come to terms with the trauma meningitis causes, and with the ways meningitis changes lives
- Answering questions about meningitis and its after-effects
- Helping you to access financial support, including through Meningitis Now’s Rebuilding Futures Fund
- Support to help your child’s school understand how meningitis can affect learning and wellbeing
- Support to help your employer understand how meningitis can affect your ability to work
- Referring you to other organisations who can help. We’re not specialists in benefits or legal issues, but we may be able to signpost you to other sources of support for these areas
A CSO can offer one-to-one support via home visits, phone, email or social media. All support from CSOs is free.
Contact the Community Support Officer in your region.
- Christine Mather (covers the North and North Wales)
- Lucie Riches (covers Central and South-East England)
- Alison Yelland (covers Scotland and Northern Ireland)
- Dawn McNiff (covers West Midlands, the South West & South Wales)
To contact your local Community Support Officer, please telephone the Helpline on 0808 80 10 388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.