Gifts of shares
For some UK taxpayers, giving shares to a charity is the most tax-effective way of making a gift.
By donating shares you do not normally have to pay the capital gains tax that you would incur if you sell the shares at a higher price than when you first bought or inherited them. You can also offset the full value of the shares against your Income Tax liability.
There are two ways you can make a gift of shares to Meningitis Now:
- Transfer the shares to Meningitis Now
- Sell them and donate the proceeds to us
Please contact our Fundraising team on 07587 554 851 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss either of these options.
Spread the word
- Take symptoms cards to your local doctor’s surgery, school and shop
- Encourage people to download our free symptoms phone app
- Put up our awareness posters in communal places local to you