What is a Family Day about?
- Having fun
- Making friends
- Building confidence
- Sharing meningitis experiences in a relaxed environment
- Spending quality family time together
“I am glad that I came and I hope to come to more Family Days”
“I had super fun and enjoyed the pig racing and touching the animals, which I haven’t done before”
- Comments from young people attending a Family Day
Who can attend?
- Families who have had a personal experience of meningitis
- We welcome parents, carers and siblings
- Children up to 16 years of age
- All abilities welcome
“We could relax as a family and the boys really enjoyed themselves. It was good to attend something and not worry if my son got tired and grumpy, everyone would understand. The boys liked meeting other children and are still taking about the friends they made on the day”
- Feedback from parent
What can you expect?
- Up to 20 families
- Selected venues across the UK offering a fun and safe day out
- Fun, family based activities
- Parent session (optional) led by Meningitis Now staff in which adults can share their experiences
- Entrance to venue and activities included within the Meningitis Now Family Day programme
- Refreshments throughout the day, including a buffet lunch
- Access to Meningitis Now staff and representatives from other appropriate charity organisations
What's not included?
- Travel cost of getting to and from venue
- Personal expenditure spent within venue e.g. on-site shop
- Any other personal costs
What we ask of you
Our Family Days are generously funded by BBC Children in Need; without this funding we would not be able to hold these events for families. Therefore, all we ask is when registering for an event, please ensure you are committed to attend so that all available funded places are filled. If, for unforeseen circumstances you cannot make an event, please let us know as soon as possible to give us the opportunity to offer places to other families.