What is a Forever Weekend about?
- Gaining peer support from others who have experienced bereavement through meningitis
- Sharing experiences
- Becoming better informed about bereavement and its impact
- Learning about what bereavement support is available
- Parents, children and siblings having the opportunity to meet others
Who can attend?
- Anyone who has lost a loved one to meningitis and meningococcal disease
- All family members welcome
“Attending a Forever Day, gave us the opportunity to meet with other families who have suffered the loss of a loved one from meningitis in a safe and supportive environment.”
What can you expect?
- Up to 20 families can attend
- A supportive programme of appropriate commemorative sessions and activities
- A session for adults facilitated by a trained and experienced practitioner from a bereavement charity, to help adults share their experiences and express their grief
- A focused, fun session for children such as music therapy led by a trained professional
- An appropriate commemorative family activity
- A dedicated gathering to celebrate the life of the deceased
- Meningitis Now’s Book of Remembrance will be present at the event and those attending will have the opportunity to have their loved ones name entered into the book
- Families will have the opportunity to have an engraved peg with their loved one’s name planted in the memorial garden at Meningitis Now Stroud Head Office
- Refreshments throughout the day including a buffet lunch
- Access to Meningitis Now staff and bereavement professionals
What's not included?
- Travel cost of getting to and from the venue
What we ask of you
Our Forever Weekends are funded by public donations from organisations and Trusts such as Irwin Mitchell, Souter Charitable Trust and Summerfield Charitable Trust; without this funding we would not be able to hold these events for families. Therefore, all we ask is when registering for an event, please ensure you are committed to attend, so that all available funded places are filled. If, for unforeseen circumstances you cannot make an event, please let us know as soon as possible to give us the opportunity to offer places to other families.
How to apply
Registration will be opening soon for our Forever Weekend; in the meantime, please email Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.