- Gaining peer support from others who have experienced bereavement through meningitis
- Sharing experiences
- Becoming better informed about bereavement and its impact
- Learning about what bereavement support is available
- Parents, children and siblings having the opportunity to meet others
- Anyone who has lost a loved one to meningitis and meningococcal disease
- All family members welcome
“Attending a Forever Day, gave us the opportunity to meet with other families who have suffered the loss of a loved one from meningitis in a safe and supportive environment.”
- Up to 20 families can attend
- A supportive programme of appropriate commemorative sessions and activities
- A session for adults facilitated by a trained and experienced practitioner from a bereavement charity, to help adults share their experiences and express their grief
- A focused, fun session for children such as music therapy led by a trained professional
- An appropriate commemorative family activity
- A dedicated gathering to celebrate the life of the deceased
- The Meningitis Now’s Book of Remembrance will be present at the event and those attending will have the opportunity to have their loved ones name entered into the book
- Families will have the opportunity to have an engraved peg with their loved one’s name planted in the memorial garden at Meningitis Now Stroud Head Office
- Refreshments throughout the day including a buffet lunch
- Access to Meningitis Now staff and bereavement professionals
- Travel cost of getting to and from the venue
Our Forever Days are funded by public donations from organisations and Trust such as Irwin Mitchell, Souter Charitable Trust and Summerfield Charitable Trust; without this funding we would not be able to hold these events for families. Therefore, all we ask is when registering for an event, please ensure you are committed to attend, so that all available funded places are filled. If, for unforeseen circumstances you cannot make an event, please let us know as soon as possible to give us the opportunity to offer places to other families.
Registration for our 2018 Forever Days is now open:
If you would like more information please call 01453 768 000 or email Cheryl Brown at email@example.com.
Download our full Support events calendar.