It's lovely to see how supportive everyone is of each other
A brief overview of your role - what are you responsible for?
- I work with families and individuals affected by meningitis.
- I provide support – over the phone, online and via home visits - offering a listening ear and information.
- I signpost or make referrals to other specialist support organisations, and work with schools, workplaces and other professionals to help get the right support in place for those affected by meningitis.
- I can help with accessing funding, including Meningitis Now’s Rebuilding Futures Fund.
- I also run support events.
Your favourite part of your role
Meeting all our fab families at Family Days and bereavement support events. It’s lovely to see how supportive everyone is of each other.
A fun fact about yourself
I have a small but extremely loud cat called William, and I write children’s books on my days off.
How you can be contacted
You can email me at DawnM@meningitisnow.org, call me on my office phone - 01453 769 026 - or mobile - 07468 476 068.
You can also contact me through Facebook - Dawn MeningitisNow.