It's lovely to see how supportive everyone is of each other
A brief overview of your role - what are you responsible for?
- I work with families and individuals affected by meningitis.
- I provide support – over the phone, online and via home visits - offering a listening ear and information.
- I signpost or make referrals to other specialist support organisations, and work with schools, workplaces and other professionals to help get the right support in place for those affected by meningitis.
- I can help with accessing funding, including Meningitis Now’s Rebuilding Futures Fund.
- I also run support events.
Your favourite part of your role
Meeting all our fab families at Family Days and bereavement support events. It’s lovely to see how supportive everyone is of each other.
A fun fact about yourself
I have a small but extremely loud cat called William, and I write children’s books on my days off.
How you can be contacted
To contact your local Community Support Officer, please telephone the Helpline on 0808 80 10 388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.