What could you gain from mentoring?
- Develop business skills, like budgeting, time management, presentation and organisation skills
- Help with your CV
- Work out your next career step
- Find out more about a specific career
- Prepare for university
- Meet someone who works in the field you want to, learn how they got there, what they studied and what contacts they needed
- Get support to develop a business plan or brand
Whatever your needs, business skills mentoring can help. Plus, it looks great on your CV and UCAS application too.
We have trained and DBS-checked mentors from a range of business backgrounds. Some specialise in specific areas such as law, finance and charity, while others have skills in administration, project management, customer service and presentations. Our aim is to find a mentor that is a great match for you, either in terms of the role they do or the skills you need.
What you'll discuss
Conversations and information shared between you and your mentor will be fed back to the Believe & Achieve team, so we can help them be the best mentor they can be for you. However, all conversations within Believe & Achieve are confidential, except if your mentor is concerned that you or someone else is at risk of serious harm. If this is the case, they will try to discuss it with you first.
In these circumstances it may be necessary to involve other services.