"Your Guide – Recovering from childhood bacterial meningitis and septicaemia" provides information about meningitis and septicaemia, along with potential after-effects, focusing on common problems that children and families often face after discharge from hospital.
"My Journal - Life after childhood meningitis and septicaemia" provides a place for parents and children to keep a detailed record about the illness, recovery and follow-up care. It can be edited online and then printed, or printed and then handwritten.
If you need extra pages to continue using your My Journal, you can download them here:
- Issues and concerns after discharge
- Follow-up care
- After-effects continued
- Our family experience
- Appointments at a glance
Families that have used these documents have said:
- “I would be lost without mine - super useful to take along to appointments."
- “I’ve found it really useful to write down all the notes and appointments. Handy to know that all the dates and details are all together in one place."
- “I use mine all the time. Our wee girl only got discharged three weeks ago and it’s been great to read up on things to look out for and to keep a track on all her appointments."
- “Apart from being great to keep all your follow up appointments etc, I also find it helps come to terms with what has happened by writing it down.”
When My Journal was first created, it received a Highly Commended award at the British Medical Association (BMA) Patient Information Awards 2014.
Do you need further information?
Detailed fact sheets are available to provide more information about the after-effects of meningitis and septicaemia and the associated aftercare. However, if you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch by calling our Helpline on 0808 80 10 388, or email email@example.com