About My JournalMy Journal and Your Guide – Recovering from childhood meningitis and septicaemia, have been jointly produced by ourselves and the Meningitis Research Foundation to help families following hospital discharge after meningitis and meningococcal disease.
- These resources are completely free for families and carers of children who are recovering from bacterial meningitis or septicaemia
- Copies of Your Guide are also available free of charge to students and professionals in health, social care and education
The Journal and Guide allow you to keep a very personal record of your child’s illness, recovery, follow-up and any after-effects, also allowing you to share this vital information with anyone else who cares for your child. Sharing this information can be valuable for health professionals, nursery/school and other professionals you may be working with such as rehabilitation specialists.
Families that have ordered and used the Journal and Guide have said:
- “I would be lost without mine super useful to take along to appointments."
- “I’ve found it really useful to write down all the notes and appointments. Handy to know that all the dates and details are all together in one place."
- “I use mine all the time. Our wee girl only got discharged three weeks ago and it’s been great to read up on things to look out for and to keep a track on all her appointments."
- “Apart from being great to keep all your follow up appointments etc, I also find it helps come to terms with what has happened by writing it down.”
We are thrilled that My Journal has received a Highly Commended award in the British Medical Association (BMA) Patient Information Awards 2014.
“This is a very impressive resource that would be a good model for other health areas. It was well planned, with good user involvement, and the final multi-section resource had been carefully designed to follow best practice for community resources. The use of appropriate type size and layout space makes this a friendly and easy to use resource, and this in turn makes the information easy to access. The patient diary is especially clear and nicely thought through. Congratulations.” - BMA
Detailed fact sheets are available to provide more information about the after-effects of meningitis and septicaemia and the associated aftercare.
If you can't find what you are looking for please get in touch by calling our
helpline 0808 80 10 388, or email email@example.com
Already have your own copy? Download extra pages.
If you are looking for spare pages to continue using your Journal, you can download copies for the following sections: