His high temperature, mottled skin and a startling reaction when falling asleep concerned her so she rushed him straight to A&E. He was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and spent three weeks in hospital.
Rachel recalls their terrifying ordeal.
“Noah showed his first symptom at 10pm on 4 October 2015 - I noticed he was really hot when giving him his dream feed. After Calpol he went to sleep but for some reason I kept a very close eye on him overnight and sure enough his temp spiked again but this time didn't respond to Calpol.
“By the early hours I knew I needed to get him to hospital (I still don't know exactly why) so arranged for my mother to come and help with his twin, and for my daughter to go into school early. I arrived at A&E by 8:30am.
“Due to a delay in A&E he wasn't actually seen by paediatrics until 12:30pm, at which point it all went incredibly fast.
The next 24 hours became critical
“Noah was rushed straight into the children's ward where bloods were taken, a lumber puncture performed and IV antibiotics started. It wasn't until later that afternoon that the diagnosis was confirmed.
“He was put onto steroids and the next 24 hours became critical, however he improved over the next few days. By the following week we were told that we could go home the next day and continue our care via the district nurses.
“Unfortunately overnight Noah started to deteriorate and was rushed in for a CT scan followed by an MRI which confirmed that there were collections of fluid around the brain.
“He was reviewed by the specialist team in Nottinghamshire Queens Medical Centre and transferred to their paediatric neurological department. After a week of more antibiotics (eight hours-worth a day) he was considered stable enough to return to Lincoln, and after a long line was fitted we were transferred back.
“After a further few days, and three weeks after first arriving, we finally went home and continued the IV treatment via the community nurse for the remaining couple of weeks.
“Noah’s hearing was tested a few weeks later and by some miracle, despite being deaf in one ear for at least two weeks, his hearing has returned to normal.
“So far we have had two follow-up MRI scans to monitor the fluid around his brain which will hopefully disperse naturally. If not there is a small chance of him needing another procedure in Nottingham.
“Being born in June 2015, Noah was actually one of the first babies to receive the new MenB vaccine. At the time he got meningitis he had only had the first dose, but we will never know if even that on its own helped to ensure that despite being very poorly, Noah has made a recovery that at times I daren't believe.”