Date: Sunday 13 September 2020
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne to South Shields
From the Red Arrows flying over the Tyne Bridge and South Shields, to over 57,000 runners pacing the streets of Newcastle, the Great North Run is a race not to be missed! This epic 13.1 mile race is one of the biggest half marathons in the world and includes world-class athletes such as Mo Farah. This truly is a calendar highlight for new and experienced runners alike.
Be a part of Team Meningitis Now and you will receive:
- Your own personalised technical running vest, worth £15
- A huge welcome at our post-race reception; drinks, snacks and a sports massage all await you near the finish line (friends and family are also welcome)
- Access to our Training Hub
- Free fundraising support and materials
- A dedicated Events Fundraiser to help you every step of the way
Why run with Team Meningitis Now?
“I've only really run for fun, for fitness or to clear my head before, so signing up for the Great North Run gave me a slight sense of trepidation. But the streets are lined with friendly faces, even whole families who have decamped their front room onto the verge in order to cheer on the runners. The crowd carry you along as you follow the route from Newcastle and before you know it you're in South Shields. Somehow, I had timed my race to see the Red Arrows fly by, although the breeze off the North Sea made the last stage a little harder, and then I crossed the finish line - easy, honest! Then off to the Meningitis Now tent for tea, sandwiches and a leg rub, and warm congratulations from the team. Would I recommend it? Yes! An amazing experience from start to end”.
Tom Nutt, Meningitis Now CEO and 2019 runner